How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Looking to upgrade your trusty old sedan with a luxurious new Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep? You’re likely wondering how to get the best possible offer when you sell your old car. Although you might assume that selling your car privately gives you more control over the selling price, selling your car to a Moose Jaw-area dealership often proves to be faster, easier, and more lucrative. In fact, selling your vehicle to a dealership offers a long list of benefits:
- No time spent setting up test drives at your home, and no need to reveal your personal information and address.
- A more streamlined process for transferring vehicle ownership.
- The option to trade in your vehicle.
- The option to roll any outstanding balance on your old auto loan into your new loan.
- Depending on where you live, you may be able to earn trade-in tax credits. If you sell your car privately, you’ll pay tax on the sale—but if you sell to your dealership, that tax will be applied as credit.
If you’d like to know more, read on! In the guide below from the Crestview Chrysler finance center, we’ll break down the process of how to sell your car at a dealership, prepare for appraisal, and find your trade-in value.
How to Sell Your Car to a Dealership
Selling your car to a local Southey dealership is a simple process! After estimating your vehicle’s value, you’ll need to get your vehicle ready for appraisal and choose a used car dealership that sells vehicles like yours. Here are a few points to keep in mind as you get going:
- Prepare for Appraisal: Don’t bother with making major repairs to your vehicle at this time. The dealership can fix these issues easily at their service center, and making the repairs yourself is likely to cost you far more. However, we do suggest thoroughly cleaning your car inside and out, or even paying for a professional detailing service. It’s also a good idea to make minor fixes, such as replacing worn windshield wipers or repairing dents and scratches. Doing so will help your car make a great first impression, and could boost its trade-in value!
- Value Your Trade-In Vehicle: How will you know you’re getting a fair offer for your vehicle? Start with getting an estimate from multiple sources, such as our Value Your Trade tool and Kelley Blue Book.
- Find the Right Dealership: To get the best offer, find a dealership that sells similar vehicles. You want to be sure that your car is a good fit for the dealership’s pre-owned inventory.
How Much Is Your Car Worth?
When buying your car, dealerships need to know that they can price it competitively and turn a profit. They will assess your vehicle’s value based on factors such as:
- Maintenance history and milage
- Make, model, and model year
- Condition of cabin upholstery and trim
- Mechanical condition
- Driving conditions on your area
- How the vehicle was used
How can you be sure that your appraisal will match your vehicle’s estimated trade-in value? As long as you have kept current with your vehicle’s recommended routine maintenance, your offer should match or exceed the estimate.
We Want to Buy Your Car in Regina!
At Crestview Chrysler, we carry a carefully-selected and refurbished selection of used vehicles, including low-mileage Knight Certified Pre-Owned models. We’d love to add your car to our inventory and help you to select a new vehicle that matches your lifestyle and budget. Visit us near Carlyle, or contact us to learn more today.