First introduced in 1984, the Jeep Cherokee has built a formidable reputation among Regina and Moose Jaw drivers. This is a vehicle that is consistently relied upon for its ability to bridge the gap between off-road performance and stress-free city driving. 4×4 capability and a Trail Rated pedigree is combined with a smooth chassis, a wealth of features, and car-like driving dynamics to produce a class-defining SUV that can truly be said to perform exceptionally anywhere.
What Are You Looking For?
Current Jeep Cherokee
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee has proven immensely popular with critics and everyday drivers alike, and was recently named the Automobile Journalist Association of Canada’s (AJAC’S) 2014 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year.The new model features the rugged power of either a 2.4L Tigershark or 3.2L Pentastar engine, but manages to tame their incredible output using a class-exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission. This creates a drive that benefits from enhanced acceleration, improved fuel economy, and exceptionally smooth shifts, making the new Cherokee agile in the city, efficient on the highway, and powerful in the backcountry.
Combine that with a best-in-class towing capacity — up to 2,041 kg — and best-in-class capability, and you’ll quickly realize that the 2015 Cherokee has earned its place at the top of its class.
Few around Regina or Moose Jaw, SK would argue that the original Jeep Cherokee dramatically shaped the future of SUVs when it was first introduced. Over 20 years later, the 2015 model has experienced a similar level of praise, with experts stunned at its ability to perform equally well in the city or on the highway:
- “The Cherokee may be the first compact SUV to do both equally well — a city-friendly crossover stuffed with the heart of a Trail Rated Jeep.” – The Car Connection
- “It’s not surprising that off-road prowess is the ace-in-the-hole the 2015 Jeep Cherokee SUV boasts over rivals like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4.” – Kelly Blue Book
- “Real-world usability starts with the Cherokee’s quiet, comfortable and even plush ride quality compared with that of some other small crossovers.” – Edmunds
Last year, Jeep announced a radical five-year plan, which aims to revolutionize their lineup, and ensure that each vehicle continues measuring up to the expectations of drivers in Regina, Moose Jae, and the rest of Canada. The Jeep Cherokee has already benefited from extensive refinement, but there’s little doubt that future models will push the brand even closer to perfection.Nothing has yet been announced by Jeep, but there are a number of ways in which we could see next-generation Cherokee models being reworked:
- More Standard Features: New models often see technology previously available on higher trims being fitted as standard in every model, so new Jeep Cherokee models could see amenities such as dual-zone climate control fitted in every trim level.
- Improved Efficiency: A nine-speed transmission has profoundly improved the 2015 Cherokee’s efficiency ratings, but new models are likely to push those numbers down even further. Diesel engines have proven a popular way of doing so, meaning we might see one available in the future.
See how the Cherokee Compares…
Drive the Jeep Cherokee at Crestview Chrysler
At Crestview Chrysler in Regina, SK, we’re proud to include the Jeep Cherokee among our offerings. For more information, or to arrange a test drive of the 2015 model, simply get in touch with our dealership near Moose Jaw.