How to Read a Vehicle Sticker
When checking out new vehicles in a showroom, one of the first things many customers look at is the vehicle sticker. In addition to just the car’s price, the vehicle sticker contains a lot of other important information that can help drivers decide whether a vehicle is right for them. All of that information may be a bit overwhelming, so we have put together a handy guide to deciphering a vehicle sticker. Although the layout can change from manufacturer to manufacturer, most stickers contain these basic items.
Reading a Vehicle Sticker
- Price– Often one of the biggest deciding factors when purchasing a car, the base price is listed on the sticker. The MSRP is not always concrete, but gives you an idea of where your negotiations will begin.
- Model info – This section is often found in the top left or top right corner. It is where customers find out all of the basic information about a specific make and model. Look here to find engine and transmission pairings, the automobile’s model year, trim level, and interior/exterior colors.
- Warranty – Here you will find the terms of the vehicle’s bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranties. If an automaker offers roadside assistance or free maintenance programs, that information is listed in this section.
- Optional equipment – Most vehicles have several different factory-installed options available. Depending on the automaker, these amenities could be offered in a package or individually. This information can help you compare which cars offer the best value.
- Standard equipment – This is the section where you will find all of the features that are included in the car’s MSRP. They are divided into segments like Interior, Exterior, Mechanical/Performance, Comfort/Convenience, and Safety/Security.
Reasons to Check Out the 2014 Ram 1500
Now that you are ready to shop for your next vehicle, you will have to decide on an automobile that meets your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a truck that can deliver heavy-duty power and performance, be sure to take a look at the 2014 Ram 1500. From its striking good looks to its award-winning engine, the latest Ram 1500 does not disappoint. Stop by Crestview Chrysler in Regina to check it out!