Ram 1500 vs. Chevrolet Silverado
2016 Ram 1500
2016 Chevrolet Silverado
The 2016 Ram 1500 is a top-of-the-line light truck that is able to outperform competitors like the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado across the board. With a Class-Exclusive engine, Segment-First technology, and the outstanding RamBox system, it stands head and shoulders above the rest, and has even been voted Four Wheeler’s ‘2016 Pickup Truck of the Year’. We conducted a quick competitive comparison to demonstrate how well it stacks up to competitors, so keep reading to learn more.
Powertrains and Capability
The 2016 Ram 1500 leads the way when it comes to power, no matter the kind of engine you’re looking for.
- Standard Power: The 1500’s 3.6L Pentastar V6 has landed on Ward’s ’10 Best Engines list three times, and makes up to 305 horsepower. The Silverado’s 4.3L V6 makes just 285 horsepower.
- Upper Power: The 1500’s available 5.7L HEMI V8 can draw upon up to 395 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque, overpowering the 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque of the Silverado’s V8.
- Diesel Power: The 1500 is the only truck in its class to offer a diesel engine, and it offers a considerable 240 horsepower and Class-Leading 420 lb-ft of low-end torque.
Design and Functionality
Only drivers of the 2016 Ram 1500 will be able to make use of the Class-Exclusive RamBox cargo management system, placing those who invested in a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado at a significant disadvantage. Remotely-lockable, waterproof, and with tie-downs positioned along a sliding tray, the RamBox is exceptional for hauling all kinds of cargo.
Of course, Ram don’t leave functionality as the domain of the bed. The 1500 is also able to provide Regina and Moose Jaw drivers with Best-in-Class cargo versatility thanks to the following interior features:
- Rear Under-Seat Storage Bins
- Fold-Flat Load Floor System
- Behind-the-Seat Storage
- Class-Exclusive In-Floor Storage
It doesn’t matter what you need to take or where you need to carry it, you’ll always be better off in a 2016 Ram 1500.
The interior of the 2016 Ram 1500 is more versatile than that of the 2016 Chevy Silverado, and it also offers a whole host of superior technologies, including:
- 8.4 Uconnect Multimedia Centre: Control music, phone, and available navigation from a state-of-the-art 8.4-inch touchscreen.
- Alpine Audio System: Immerse yourself in sound with 10 speakers, a dual-voice coil subwoofer, 7.1 surround sound amplifier, and 506 watts of power.
- Media Hub: Makes connecting your personal devices easy by fitting a USB port, auxiliary input jack, and available SD card slot.
The 2016 Ram 1500 is a Truck at the Top of its Segment
Trucks need to be powerful, versatile, and comfortable – the 2016 Ram 1500 covers every base. To find out more, just come down to the showroom at Crestview Chrysler today. Our team will answer your questions, and even help arrange a test drive. We can’t wait to put our Regina and Moose Jaw customers behind the wheel of this segment-leading truck, so make sure to visit us soon!