2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2014 Chevrolet Equinox
Find the Engine that Works for You
The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox has two attractive powertrain options:
- You can get up to 6.1 L/100 km, 182 hp, and 172 lb-ft of torque with the standard 2.4L DOHC four-cylinder engine.
- Step up the acceleration and towing power with the 3.6L V6 engine, which packs 301 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque.
With the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Moose Jaw drivers can choose from four different engines with different strengths:
- The Grand Cherokee’s 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine, which gets up to 7.0 L/100 km, is perfect for Regina drivers looking for best-in-class fuel efficiency.
- The 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6 follows closely with a rating of 8.3 L/100 km.
- For top towing capacity, you might choose the 5.7L VVT V8 with a towing capacity of 7,200 pounds.
- Finally, the 6.4-L Hemi SRT V8 produces 470 hp and 465 lb-ft of torque, giving drivers ultimate power.
The 2014 Grand Cherokee separates itself from the competition by offering more options and more power.
Keeping up with the 21st Century
Jeep and Chevy have packed their SUVs with advanced technology features. They both feature infotainment systems – Uconnect in the Grand Cherokee and MyLink in the Equinox – that give the driver easy control of the car’s audio, Bluetooth connectivity, smartphone apps, and more. Navigate your route efficiently and safely with help from technology in the 2014 Grand Cherokee and 2014 Equinox. While both models are available with great equipment, we have to give the Grand Cherokee the edge in part thanks to the fact that it’s available with superb amenities like a 19-speaker, 825-W harman/kardon audio system and a DVD/Blu-Ray system with seatback-mounted screens.
SUVs that Make Comfort and Class Standard
Though the Grand Cherokee and Equinox are functional, powerful SUVs, they’re also comfortable and stylish. The upscale seats, soft-touch surfaces, and quiet interior of the Grand Cherokee give it a luxury feel. The Equinox’s interior is similarly quiet with chic styling and available leather seating. The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is capable of giving rear passengers heated, reclining seats, once again separating it from its competitor.
We’re confident that Moose Jaw drivers will agree that the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is ultimately a better choice than the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox. You can test drive the 2014 Grand Cherokee at our showroom in Regina, SK. Visit our dealership or give us a call at 306-525-5411.