2016 Dodge Journey vs. 2016 Jeep Renegade
The 2016 Dodge Journey is spacious and family-friendly while the 2016 Jeep Renegade is highly-capable and incredibly efficient. Even with that in mind, it can be tricky for Regina and Moose Jaw drivers to decide between them. If you’re not sure which one would best meet your needs, you’re free to contact Crestview Chrysler to learn more. Alternatively, just keep reading to take a look at our quick and simple comparison of these two models.
The Journey comes with two available engines that offer refined handling and capable towing wherever you go.
Engine options for Regina and Moose Jaw drivers include:
- 2.4L 4-Cylinder: Makes up to 173 horsepower and allows for up to 12.7 L/100 km in the city and 9.1 on the highway.
- 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6: Makes up to 283 horsepower and allows for up to 14.2 in the city and 9.4 on the highway.
The 2016 Jeep Renegade is a little less powerful, but efficiency is incredibly impressive:
- 1.4L MultiAir I-4 Turbo: Delivers 160 horsepower while making up to 9.9 L/100 km in the city and 7.5 on the highway.
- 2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir I-4: Makes up to 180 horsepower; MultiAir technology ensures up to 10.8 L/100 km in the city and 7.7 on the highway.
The 2016 Dodge Journey is available with all-wheel drive, so you’ll be able to tackle Regina and Moose Jaw’s light off-road trails. That said, Jeep vehicles remain unrivalled when it comes to backcountry capability, and the 2016 Renegade is no exception to that rule.
The Renegade offers:
- Selec-Terrain Traction Management System: Provides modes for Auto, Snow, Sand, and Mud – plus Rock on the Trailhawk – to let you meet changing terrain with total confidence.
- Two Full-Time 4×4 Systems: You’ll be able to fit either Jeep Active Drive or Jeep Active Drive Low with 20:1 crawl ratio. Both provide a Class-Exclusive rear axle disconnect system to ensure that no fuel is wasted when 4-wheel drive is no longer needed.
Most off-roaders don’t tend to impress when it comes to interior space, but the 2016 Jeep Renegade is able to flip that trend on its head; in fact, you’ll be able to enjoy up to 1,438 L (50.8 cubic feet) of cargo space when you flip the rear seats.
However, the Journey is really the crossover you’re in the market for if cargo space is a priority. You’ll find up to 1,914 L (67.6 cubic feet) behind the rear seats of a 5-passenger Journey, plus the following Class-Exclusive storage systems:
- Flip ‘n Stow In-Seat Storage
- Second-Row Storage Bins
Find Out if You’re More Dodge or More Jeep by Visiting Crestview Chrysler
When it comes right down to it, nothing is going to beat taking each vehicle out for a test drive. We can make that happen at Crestview Chrysler, so feel free to swing by our showroom at your earliest opportunity. We hope to see our Regina and Moose Jaw customers soon!