Dodge Journey vs. Ford Edge
2016 Dodge Journey
2016 Ford Edge
Regina and Moose Jaw drivers who have their hearts set on the 2016 Dodge Journey might be tempted by other crossover options, including the 2016 Ford Edge. Everything from safety to seating has to be taken into account if you’re to find the right model, so it’s easy to let a few things slip by. That’s why we have conducted our own competitive comparison to check that the Journey is still the best crossover available. Let’s take a closer look now at how the 2016 Journey compares to the 2016 Edge.
Superior as Standard
The 2016 Dodge Journey isn’t just the nation’s most popular crossover – it’s also one of the most affordable. In fact, this year’s Canadian Value Package (CVP) model starts at just $20,495. To put that in context, the entry-level 2016 Ford Edge SE will demand at least $33,099 of your hard-earned money.
That’s a difference of over $12,000, and the Edge SE still misses several features that you’ll receive as standard with the Journey CVP, including:
- Dual-Zone Climate Control: Provides individual temperature controls for both the driver and front-passenger.
- Automatic Headlights: The Journey’s headlights will switch on and off depending on the level of light detected outside.
- Daytime Running Lights: Low-level illumination makes your Journey easier to spot – something proven to reduce accidents.
Outstanding Available Amenities
Ford’s ability to price the 2016 Edge out of the market is further attested by the fact that there are five further Journey models that cost less than the Edge’s entry-level trim, including the SE Plus, SXT, Crossroad FWD, Limited, and R/T. The R/T starts at just $32,995, still $200 in the Journey’s favor, and the list of features has grown even more impressive.
- Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror: When glare hits your mirror from approaching headlights, it will automatically adjust its tint.
- Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control: Adds a separate set of climate controls for those in the rear.
- Radio 8.4 Multimedia Centre: Comes with a crystal-clear 8.4-inch touchscreen – the largest available in this class.
Beyond the wealth of features that separates the 2016 Dodge Journey from competitors like the 2016 Ford Edge, it also provides Regina and Moose Jaw drivers with Best-in-Class storage systems.
You’ll be able to keep everything safer and better organized by using the innovative features below:
- Two Class-Exclusive 2nd-Row In-Floor Storage Bins: Fitted with removable, washable liners, these useful bins are big enough to hold up to a dozen 355-ml cans with ice.
- Flip ‘n Stow Fold-Flat Front-Passenger Seat with Under-Seat Storage: If you need to store an item away from prying eyes, just flip up the cushion of the front-passenger seat to reveal a hidden nook.
The 2016 Dodge Journey is Less Expensive and More Practical than the Competition
At the end of the day, the 2016 Dodge Journey offers more than the 2016 Ford Edge while demanding less. It’s available now from Crestview Chrysler, so make sure you come on down to the showroom today to have a closer look or arrange a test drive. We look forward to seeing our customers from Regina and Moose Jaw soon!