2016 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2016 Ford Escape
Both the 2016 Jeep Cherokee and the 2016 Ford Escape are now available for Regina and Moose Jaw drivers, but the Cherokee easily draws ahead. Offering superior standard power, Best-in-Class capability, and a wide selection of features covering everything from comfort to safety, the new Cherokee is an SUV without equal.
Power and Performance
A vehicle which can offer true off-road performance can always be defined by its power output. Both the 2016 Jeep Cherokee and the 2016 Ford Escape offer a range of engines, with the Escape delivering up to 240 horsepower from a 2.0L EcoBoost 4-cylinder and the Cherokee significantly dominating with 271 horsepower from a 3.2L Pentastar VVT V6.
However, only the 2016 Cherokee offers strong performance as standard. Entry-level models will receive a 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir I-4, which can put Regina and Moose Jaw drivers in command of up to 184 horsepower. That makes for exceptional performance, especially compared to the 168 horsepower output offered by the Escape’s standard 2.5L Duratec I-4.
With that kind of power beneath the hood, it should come as no surprise to Regina and Moose Jaw drivers that the 2016 Jeep Cherokee can boast Best-in-Class capability, and was even named ‘Four Wheeler of the Year’ by Four Wheeler magazine.
With the Cherokee, drivers will benefit from a number of exclusive systems and superior capability ratings which cannot be equalled by the 2016 Ford Escape, including:
- Class-Exclusive 9-speed Automatic Transmission: Provides smooth, seamless, and highly responsive power, perfect for anything from tackling the toughest of backcountry trails to navigating the densest of city streets.
- Best-in-Class Towing Capacity: The Cherokee can haul up to 2,041 kg (4,500 lb). The Escape is rated for a maximum of just 1,587 kg (3,498 lb).
- Three All-Wheel Drive Systems: Choose from Jeep Active Drive I, Jeep Active Drive II, and Jeep Active Drive Lock.
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee continues to outperform the competition when it comes to technology. Regina and Moose Jaw drivers will be able to take advantage of several systems which aren’t on offer with the 2016 Escape, such as:
- Uconnect 8.4 Multimedia Center: Allows for flawless control thanks to a Largest-in-Class 8.4-inch touchscreen.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Radar technology constantly measures the distance between your Cherokee and the vehicle ahead, adjusting speed accordingly. It can even bring the vehicle to a complete stop without your assistance.
- Selec-Terrain Traction Management System: With 5 available settings for Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Rock, you’ll feel comfortable and confident no matter the surface you’re crossing.
The 2016 Jeep Cherokee Thoroughly Outperforms the 2016 Ford Escape for Regina and Moose Jaw Drivers
For one of the best SUVs currently on the market, just head down to Crestview Chrysler for a closer look at the phenomenal 2016 Jeep Cherokee, or contact one of our team today to arrange a test drive. We can’t wait to put our Regina and Moose Jaw customers behind the wheel of this off-roading masterpiece.