2016 Dodge Journey vs. 2016 Ford Escape
2016 Dodge Journey
2016 Ford Escape
Comparing the 2016 Dodge Journey to the 2016 Ford Escape will yield only one vehicle that meets the myriad demands of Regina and Moose Jaw drivers. With more power beneath the hood, more features to enjoy, and more storage solutions on offer, the Journey is unrivalled within its class. See how the 2016 Dodge Journey compares to the 2016 Ford Escape in this quick comparison guide.
The 2016 Dodge Journey isn’t just Canada’s favorite crossover – it’s also the country’s most affordable mid-size crossover. In fact, the entry-level Canadian Value Package (CVP) starts at just $19,995. Compare that to the $23,699 minimum starting price of the 2016 Ford Escape – over $3,700 more than the CVP – and you’ll start to see why the Journey is so immensely popular.
However, the Journey doesn’t stop at demanding less from Regina and Moose Jaw drivers than the Escape – it also offers more. The following features come as standard with the Dodge, but not with the Ford:
- Quad Halogen Headlamps
- 4.3-Inch Touchscreen
- Dual-Zone Temperature Control
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go with Proximity Entry and Push-Button Start
The 2016 Dodge Journey continues to surpass the 2016 Ford Escape when it comes to interior versatility. After all, Regina and Moose Jaw drivers looking for a crossover will naturally need a model boasting plenty of space, so the Journey’s Best-in-Class storage systems are often all they need to hear about in order to make a decision.
Those systems include:
- Class-Exclusive Second Row Storage Bins: Fitted as standard with all models, each bin can hold either all your gear or up to a dozen 355-ml cans with ice. They even feature a removable liner and cover for easy cleaning.
- Fold-Flat Front Seat with Flip ‘n Stow Storage: Folds flat for additional cargo space in seconds, while the available Flip ‘n Stow in-seat storage nook provides a perfect place for valuables.
Finally, the 2016 Dodge Journey is just far more engaging to drive than a 2016 Ford Escape, with both standard and available engines coming out stronger in the former vehicle.
- Standard Power: Entry-level Journey models equip a 2.4L I-4 engine featuring dual overhead cams for an output equal to 173 horsepower. The Escape’s 2.5L Duratec makes just 168 horsepower.
- Available Power: The Journey’s 3.6L Pentastar V6 is a three-time winner of Ward’s ’10 Best Engines’, putting up to 283 horsepower at your command. The substandard 2.0L EcoBoost available with the Escape tops out at just 240 horsepower.
The 2016 Dodge Journey Offers More than the 2016 Ford Escape
Delivering a more responsive drive, Best-in-Class storage systems, and a stronger list of standard features, all for a significantly lower starting price, the 2016 Dodge Journey has no problem besting the 2016 Ford Escape. To test-drive yours today, don’t hesitate to come down to the showroom at Crestview Chrysler. We can’t wait to see our customers from Regina and Moose Jaw so we can put them behind the wheel of this powerful mid-size crossover.