2015 Jeep Cherokee vs. 2015 Mazda CX-5
Regina and Moose Jaw drivers will not be surprised to learn that the 2015 Jeep Cherokee offers more power, greater capability, and a higher level of industry recognition than the 2015 Mazda CX-5. After all, Jeep is full of off-road experts, and our customers have been trusting them for years to produce the best vehicles possible for handling Canada’s fabled backcountry.
The rugged appearance of the 2015 Jeep Cherokee is characteristic of the vehicle’s phenomenal level of power, with both standard and available engines outclassing those on offer for the 2015 Mazda CX-5:
- Standard Engines: The Cherokee’s 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir delivers 184 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque, while the CX-5’s SKYACTIV-G 2.0L tops out at just 155 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque.
- Available Engines: Churning out 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque, Jeep’s available 3.2L Pentastar VVT V6 leaves the Mazda’s SKYACTIV-G 2.5L eating dust — the latter produces a paltry 184 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque.
The CX-5’s engines might be acceptable for city driving — they might even handle a smoother off-road trail or two. For everything else, you’ll need a 2015 Cherokee.
That kind of power packs a mighty punch, but it’s ably refined through a class-exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission system, resulting in a smooth drive with which the Mazda just can’t compete. Jeep drivers around Moose Jaw will also enjoy:
- Best-in-Class Capability: For confident backcountry exploration, nothing comes closer.
- Best-in-Class Towing Capacity: Need to bring all your favorite outdoor toys? The 2015 Cherokee allows you to haul up to 2,041 kg.
The superiority of the 2015 Jeep Cherokee is easily recognizable on paper, but it’s also been borne out by numerous industry accolades, including:
- 2014 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year: Each year, the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) puts numerous vehicles through their Test Fest. The 2015 Jeep Cherokee surpassed all competitors.
- Ward’s Ten Best of Interiors of 2014: Judging comfort, functionality, design, ergonomics, connectivity, Ward’s placed the 2015 Jeep Cherokee among vehicles like the Rolls-Royce Wraith, blown away by its outstanding cabin.
Drive the 2015 Jeep Cherokee Near Moose Jaw
With best-in-class performance ratings, segment-exclusive technology, and substantial critical acclaim, the 2015 Jeep Cherokee outshines the 2015 Mazda CX-5 in every way that counts. Contact Crestview Chrysler in Regina, SK today and arrange a test drive. We’re not far from Moose Jaw, and we hope to see you soon!